Monday, April 19, 2010

I'M SO NOT SMOOTH

So over the weekend in Vegas I discovered something about myself. I can flirt with little old men but when it comes to talking to a guy my own age I calm up.

I was at the airport and saw this attractive guy. He gets in taxi line behind with his buddy. So I'm told to go to taxi stand #1. They're told to go to #2. I soon realize that I'm at the wrong numbered stand and I turn to him and say "Sorry I can't count." Really? That's the best line I could come up with?

Then I hop on an elevator at the hotel. A little old man wearing a Loony Tunes shirt hops on with all of his bags. It's 9 pm and I thought it was a little late for checkout. So I say, "Did you decide you've had enough of Vegas already?" He starts a conversation about how he was leaving because he needed to go do a magic show.

I got off the elevator realizing that I have no problem talking to a lil old man but I get all sorts of nervous when it comes to striking up a conversation with a guy my own age.

Now after my big weekend in Vegas I get back to Houston and notice an attractive guy at the airport. There was some eye contact made. Now, there was a guy on my flight that was trying to talk to me but I wasn't really interested.

So I leave and the guy I saw is behind me. Well, I see that he's standing there by myself and I decide you know what...just go and introduce yourself. So even though I looked like death warmed over from getting 3 hours of sleep. I took a deep breath and decided to go over to him.

We talked for a few minutes and he got my number...which he actually asked for. I just didn't say "Hey take my number." So I guess I didn't make a total idiot out of myself. Now...will he actually call is the question.

Hey, at least I'm proud of myself for going out on a limb and do something out of my comfort zone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you can talk to older guys but not guys your own age? I'm here to help you Erin. Here's what you need to do...Go to lunch with a guy you recently met who is older than you. Get to know him before judging him as "too old." You never know what could happen!

Anonymous said...

I can talk to ANY guy that I'm not interested in about anything. Yet, my tongue gets twisted and I become shy in my nutshell as soon as I meet someone I really like.

I sabotage myself because the guy I'm not interested thinks I like him so he ends up persuing while the other one I'm really into probably thinks I'm not interested so he moves on.

Screwed up.

best,
D