Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MY LONDON TRIP FOR CHRISTMAS WITH JUST ME




This Christmas I decided to take another trip alone. I had rolled a few ideas around and decided on London. I've always wanted to go there, so I decided to just go for it. I knew it was going to be expensive, and this time of the year is always the worst for me money wise...but you only live once.

When you tell someone that you're going on a trip alone, why is it people look at you as though you're a poor little soul? Granted, going on a trip with someone else would possibly be more fun but, if you can't enjoy your own company whose company can you enjoy? I think it's important to be able to do things alone.

People asked me, "Why don't you wait till you have a boyfriend?" Well, it could be awhile before that happens and you know what? I was with a man married and dating for 8 years, who had a sister that lived in Europe and we NEVER I repeat NEVER went to visit her and our niece and nephew. Which in my opinion was piss poor. So that's why you can't put things off when you can do it tomorrow.

I thought when I went over to London I'd hear all these people speak with fabulous British accents...not so much. I felt like I heard more speaking French than anything. Although, London is a very international city so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.



I enjoyed a bid plate of fish and chips along with a half pint of beer. I can't do a pint...that's too much beer. I walked around Central London a ton. So after a long day it was good to have some deep fried fish. I'm kidding a little.



One thing that I learned from my past trips to London is be careful when shopping. It's so easy to walk around and end up spending too much. I came back from both Rome and Paris with so much stuff that I bought. This time I was good and spent most of my money on souvenirs for other people. Harrods was a stop I had to make...even if it was only to buy tea towels and magnets.



I took a day trip to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath. All were interesting and beautiful in their own way. All are places that you hear so much about. I've always heard of Stonehenge, but to be honest I have no idea what its all about. Bath England was a different place for me. I had no idea about the Romans coming over there to basically detox in these baths that they built.



Overall, it was a good trip. I learned a few things, saw a lot and met a lot of interesting people too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So who's that girl in the last picture with the big crest?