Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WHAT LIES AHEAD

I appreciate all the kind words, people concerned and wondering what happened to the station as well as the show. In a time where things in your life are uncertain it certainly makes one feel good to know that people are thinking about you.

As many of you know that WKTI is no longer, which means so is the show I was a part of is no longer. It's sad. I felt we were starting to really make some head way but I've been in this business since I was 18 so I'm not shocked by the events that have transpired.

The days after this all happened I think I was in shock. Thursday I went to bed at 9:30 and didn't get out of bed till the next day at noon. I just didn't know what to do with myself. I felt lost. I woke and still wake up feeling as though I've lost a piece of my identity. I mean I now know how an actor may feel when they get written out of a script. Sure they have money to live on for a while but what's next? That's how I feel. I'm not really sure what's next.

Will I be able to stay? Will I have to move? At this point I have my thoughts but to be honest I have no idea what direction I'm headed for. I will be thankful because this situation for me could be so much worse. I could be out on the street without a safety net. That is not the case. Although, what I'm currently doing won't last forever and I need to start really thinking about my future and what it holds. What direction does Erin want to go?

Do you go for what you really want to do? Or do you go for what may be open at the time? All I know is that I need to think and maybe even do some praying to help guide myself in the direction that I should take. I'm very thankful that I'm ok for now.

Thanks

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure this isn't easy for you, but you will recover from this. I have found that throughout my life that whenever a setback like this occurs, it opens the door to something even bigger and better that wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the setback. Good luck Erin.

Bob Sacamano said...

Congratulations on your #4 spot on the list of hottest Milwaukeeans. I completely agree.

Anonymous said...

Like the saying goes, "when one door closes, another opens." While I'm sure it will take some time to figure out what direction you choose to take, consider this a blessing that you can use this opportunity to figure out what you want to do. A lot of people just settle and accept it. You don't have to! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

hi erin,
HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, i am really sorry to see you guys go....well maybe not aj so much-(too opinionated),but i really loved you guys....matthew was so sweet, and you were so fun to listen to. best wishes to all of you...hope all your dreams come true.

Rebecca said...

In one short year and a half, you have managed to build a great network of friends that care so much about you. You WILL come out of this and find your way. Trust me. And whatever decision you make, we are all there to back you 100% of the way.

I'm just sorry that the hands that be, didn't realize the magnitude of pulling such a wonderful station with a 26 year history, and a show that was just starting to make a permanent footprint in this city.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I sure have left my opinion with wkti. If its up to me then you will be back soon on the air. I really miss waking up to you 3. You will be missed but hopefully you will be around soon!
Lisa

Danica said...

I just wanted to say that of course you're going to be ok! Great personality will get you far. :)

But I am terribly sad about the occurences of WKTI. I'm curious about Matthew and AJ also. Didn't one of them just buy a house? I hope you all are doing well.

In the meantime I continue to tell the "new station" just exactly what I think of it. Which is not much. It lacks personality and is just boring, boring, boring.

So sad.

Anonymous said...

I miss you show a lot Erin. I no longer listen to kti...without the DJ's I might as well just listen to my XM account, which is what i do. I did try my husbands morning show with bob and brian at the hog but it was not for me.
I really hope that the 3 of you find something in town. But if not...i am sure it will be on to bigger and better things!
Good Luck
Kristi
sheboygan

Anonymous said...

Good luck Erin! I feel very bad for the whole morning show! I'm sure you'll find something; keep your chin up girl!

300toGo said...

You will be missed. My morning drives are not the same. Good luck in ALL you do.

Anonymous said...

Erin, you are deeply missed. I do not like the new station, it is too boring. I liked listening to the 3 of you interact and I also liked getting news, weather and traffic reports in the morning.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.