A month or 2 ago I wrote a blog about what I thought the perfect guy was to me. I didn't have a ton of time to really figure out what I wanted in a guy. So, over the last couple months I thought that there are certain things that I need in a man and certain things that I want in a man. A lot of these are NOT a suggestion rather something I have to have.
When you start dating, you go through charecteristics in people that you like and don't. And after my last long term relationship I realized that there are qualities about him and that relationship that I don't think I should settle for not having in someone else....does that make any sense?
So here's goes the list.
-You must like to kiss...none of this pecking stuff. If I wanted to just peck kiss I would find a chicken. Seriously, some good kissing can really get things going. Nothing is better than a great passionate kiss.
-You have to like going out and doing random things like go to a wine tasting class, a cooking class, go skiing for the day...stuff outside the box
- A guy that likes to dance once in a while...someone not afraid to spin me around the dance floor.
- He MUST like to cuddle!...If you don't go away!
- Travel...it's a must! Whether it's for a weekend or for a full blown vacation! I need to see places
- Someone that can enjoy the finer things in life. Whether it's a good restaurant or a great wine. It doesn't mean you need to drive a Porsche though
-Wine...you have to like wine! I don't want to drink alone...that's not good!
-Works out and takes care of himself...you'd be surprised on what guys think "in shape" is...I work out...it would be nice to have a partner
- Someone not afraid of impressing a girl...For example, you actually put some thought into a date. Maybe a surprise here and there...if you treat your dog better than me...I'm out!
- Someone that will keep things interesting...In every aspect...If it's gets old it can get boring.
- Someone that has their stuff together...personally, professionally, emotionally, financally...you get the picture.
- Someone that can be relaxed in any enviroment...whether we hang at a dive bar, a swanky lounge or want to booty shake at a club.
- Someone not afraid to give a girl flowers or creative surprises.
- Someone passionate in every aspect...love..life...work.
- Someone that can put down the cell phone and isn't obsessed with work all the time..I know we all get busy for work...but still.
- He must like fish...I like to cook fish and I love sushi and I don't want to eat alone.
- Someone ready to try new things together...No matter what!
- Someone who will go to Starbucks with me on the weekends. I know it seems petty but..
- Will compliment me...not necessarily all the time. Maybe tell me I look pretty in the morning even if I have sleep in my eyes.
I know that this list may seem a little long and may even come across as a little picky but, to be honest with you, when you're use to being treated a certain way and that way was sweet, thoughtful and nice...why would you want to settle for someone that treated you less than what you thought you deserved. Granted everyone is different and it may be tough to find a person with all these qualities but after having someone try so hard to impress and flatter I can't go back to less than that.
If there is something on this that you may not understand or need to get clarifacation on...let me know. I can always define at a greater length.