Tuesday, September 25, 2007

DO GUYS COMPARE NOTES??

One thing I was also curious about after having dinner with the girls is do guys sit around and compare notes about girls. Or do they have a little fun with a gal and then tell all their buddies about it? Does that end in High School?

As I sat there and talked with the girls I noticed that there is a weird " 6 Degrees of separation of Kevin Bacon" thing going on here in Milwaukee. As I've said before, 2 of my new girlfriends have somewhat dated the same guy. I've decided that here in Milwaukee though, it's about 2 or 3 degrees of separation. Then we started talking about how this guy is friends with other guys we know and do they sit there and talk about the girls and what went on?

I know us girls totally talk about guys. I mean, we get down to the nitty gritty details! For real! Even as adults, we tell all, but I wonder if guys do the same.

Also, girls have this unwritten rule that they won't go after a guy if a friend of theirs dated or liked him. So do guys go by the same set of rules of do they not care and go after what they want? And would these guys go after a girl if their friend dished the dirt about the escapade they had with her but they weren't interested? Do they think they can get in on it..so to speak?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, well I tried to think of something funny or clever to write here and although I thought about it for a while I couldn't come up with anything. If I had though, this is where I would have written it. I thought you may want to know that.

Unknown said...

Erin, men really don't "sit around and compare notes about girls", at least in a group setting. It does end in high school, however, there are still alot of 20 to 30+ year old guys that still have act like they are in high school, but thats a whole different topic :).

If a guy is really interested in a girl, he will usually talk one-on-one with people that know her. We are generally insecure and want to know as much as we can before we ask a girl out. The last thing we want is to get shot down before the plane even takes off.

And guys don't really have the same rules that women do. We don't have a problem going out with a girl that one of our friends have. In fact we probably tend to do that more, since it allows us to keep the same circle of friends that we are comfortable with. A new girl means new friends and the whole trying to fit in thing that goes with it. Going to new places, doing new things, while we talk a good game about always wanting to try new stuff, guys normally want consistency. Think of the show Cheers, we want to go to a place where everyone knows our name.

Stick with it, everything happens for a reason. I think you made the right choice coming here. Milwaukee is a good town with lots of good people. It wont be too long and Mr. Right will walk into your life.

Welcome to Milwaukee, I think you will be here a long time.

Take care.