Friday, July 27, 2007

FEELING A LITTLE BETTER...

Well since Sean broke up with me last Thursday, I'm doing a little better. I was down in the dumps for a good 5 days. I hardly ate, I just never had an appetite, I just never wanted to do anything. I just kept thinking about what I did wrong, "What's wrong with me?", "What happens next?".

I do feel better. My appetite is not completely back but it may take a second.

The funny thing, Sean and I still talk almost everyday. It's for most part good conversations. He'll ask me how my day is and how the show went, what am I doing that evening. I'm a little confused by all of it. I don't necessarily think that because we are talking means we'll get back together but at the same, this happend before. When his brother was very sick he broke it off. He wanted to spend as much time with his brother and would not come to see me. He I think felt torn, and the easiest thing for him to do was break it off. So is this the same? or is he still talking to me because he feels guilty? Does he care? Is he not completely ready for to cut things off? I'm probably over thinking it!

Men are very hard to figure out. They hide feelings. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just a little too open.

5 comments:

EriKa said...

just one thing... don't ever thing is ur fault! Never blame urself with men!! :)
Good luck!

Danica said...

This is when I have to force myself to remember that silly little book, He's Just Not That Into You. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It ends up not being so silly afterall.

You're beautiful, talented, successful! Love will come to you when you least expect it. :)

Mike said...

Hi Erin,
I can relate to your situation, as I moved here from Michigan back in 1989. I didn't have friends here except for the people I met thru work. I did have a girlfriend at the time but we ended up breaking up due to the long-distance relationship thing. It is hard enough managing your life (as you mentioned with all the things that you went thru with Sean over the past year and a half), without being separated by all those miles as well.
I listen to the show every day and you sound like a very fun person. I'm sure that you will have no trouble making friends and getting comfortable here. Like Danica said, you'll find someone when you aren't looking for it or thinking about it.
Don't blame yourself for the break-up, if anything, it is a shared responsibility. You were both in the relationship, not just you.
Keep up the good work on the show and if you want, email me at dphin_13@yahoo.com. I would be happy to be counted as a friend of yours.
Sincerely,
Mike

Pete Fanning said...

The minute you try to figure us out you'll go bonkers...best not to try, because each one, as you know, is different. Sean, I'm sure is unique in his own way and has to come to terms with whatever it is is happening in his life right now. Best you can do for yourself right now is live your life for you. Stay friends with him if you want, but don't live in the past, it'll only cause you heartache. Life decisions are yours, of course, as you spent a lot of your time with him, but don't dwell....

Heather said...

Better late than never...

E, I remember hearing you on the radio letting it all out and I thought, "She is so brave for sharing her feelings like this!" You were going on and on about not ever finding someone, and I was like, "Oh, you so will..."

At the time, I was in a long distance relationship too - a very serious one. So serious that I was ready to move there to be with him. Well, I get my ass up there go to on job interviews and three days later he tell me we need six months apart. Needless to say, I was (and somewhat still am, a month later), devastated.

I just wanted to thank you for being so candid about your feelings. While it absolutely sucks that you had to go through it, you talking about it helped me when I needed it.