Monday, January 24, 2011

WAITING TO BE WOWED!

I was talking with a friend of mine that's in the single boat as well, and we talked about how we're just not meeting anyone that we find interesting. There's just not a lot out there that trips our trigger at the moment. We both meet people all the time, but most of the time the guys that are asking us out are not the guys we need to be talking to. DOUCHE BAG CITY!!!!

There was a guy that I went on a couple dates with when I lived in Milwaukee. We went to a sushi restaurant and the people there made balloon hats for the kids. I thought it would be fun to have them make one and make him wear it. I thought the date was actually fun. At the end of the night he comes to my place and stands in my living room and proceeds to tell me that he didn't think I was "the one."

Fricking really??? ON DATE 2!!!

Was it something I said or did? Was it the ballon animal hat? Actually no...He said it wasn't. He then told me what I think is the lamest thing I've ever heard. He said, that he thinks when he meets the girl he supposed to be with that he'll just know right when he sees her. Like, he really thinks that when he meets "the one" she'll have angels singing around her and stars over her head or something!!! I'M NOT KIDDING!!!

Again Fricking really??

I told him that was ridiculous. He told me not to ruin his thought of what love was supposed to be. Alrighty then.

Now as ridiculous as I think he/that is...I do have to say that I agree that there needs to be a certain amount of chemistry. For instance, when I meet someone I want to date, I want to find them attractive!! IS THAT SO WRONG??? And no...they don't need to look like an underwear model. They just need to be attractive to me.

I can't tell you how many times I sat across from a guy on match.com date half listening to what he's saying because I'm too busy staring at him wondering if I could even see myself making out with him. If I need to stare at you that long...the answer is "this probably will be the last date."

I can think of someone I've met in the last year where I thought, "Who is this guy?" I met him at a work function and he walked up and started talking to me. He sat down and asked me, "So what's your deal?" I remember looking at him getting slightly flustered because he was so adorable. Yet, I replied in typical sassy Erin fashion, "Um...I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm single, I like long walks on the beach and I have a dog." We talked a little bit more before he had to go to another function. But I kinda felt a spark...

You see, he's a person that I met and I thought "WOW! What's his story? Where did he come from?" I'd like to meet someone where I look at them and think that. I'd like there to be an instant attraction.

Some people may think it's shallow but I don't care. Just as much as I'd like to meet someone that I get an instant spark from I don't want to be with a guy that when he sits across from me he needs to think about it. Like, Can I see myself kissing this chick? I want to be an instant for him too. I don't want to be with someone where I'm thinking..."Ahhh he's ok." AND...I'd hate for any guy to think I'm just o.k.

Now if someone tells me, "Erin there's more than just physical attraction." True. However, you do need to be attracted to your mate. Hey, I was with someone once and I'm not saying who, but I never really found them attractive and I was with that person a long time. Of course, I loved them, but never did I think, "Oh I wanna see them naked."

I WANNA SEE MY MAN NAKED AND LIKE IT!!! I wanna look at them and think I can't wait to get frisky. Again, IS THAT SO WRONG??? What? TMI?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,

I'm a woman and I think that some people just know when they meet a person that they are the one, so I have to agree with the guy. As far as physical attraction goes, most women believe they are far better looking than they really are. If you look good when you have your hair done and have makeup on, but you are average looking when you wake up in the morning, then do you really deserve a "hot" guy? I think when a woman"appears" pretty, but really isn't, men tend to feel like they were "lied" to. It's kind of their fault because they were stupid enough to believe what they saw in the first place, but they tend not to see it that way. As far as radio goes, "appearing" to look good gets women jobs, but it does not usually get them a man that will love them and never cheat on them!

Erin Austin said...

Anonymous!!

Wow!! I'm taking your comment as a slam!! Which is so nice of you may I add.


Maybe you didn't read my post clearly!! If you did...you'd see that I'm not asking for a guy that is super hot...just looking for a guy that I find attractive. What people see as attractive is totally different with every person.

Maybe try actually reading my blog before you comment next time!

Thanks and have a great day!
"From your average looking DJ" Erin Haha

Anonymous said...

Didn't you write a post once about how good-looking men date women that aren't attractive or women that aren't good-looking get men? I remember you writing something like that, but I can't remember exactly what you wrote. Wasn't that a slam against "certain" women? I didn't say you were unattractive. I just said if a woman is pretty when she is all fixed up, but average when she is not, then she should not expect a "hot" guy! If you want to find a man that really loves you and will never hurt you, go on a first date looking like a slob. If he calls you for another date....he's a keeper and a good guy. I would give that advice to any woman. If you are "pretty" with hair and makeup, but not without, what are you going to do if you get cancer and your hair falls out and you are so sick that you can't even get out of bed. A man that really loves you, warts and all, will stay with you, but a man that is only with you because of the way you "appear" to look, will leave you in a heartbeat.

Erin Austin said...

I apologize!! I totally thought you were slamming me!

I can see what you mean about going on a date with no makeup on. That's a new one...I haven't really tried that before...but i may have to try that sometime.

I think most women we see that are so great made up look like the but end of a horse in real life...celebs without makeup is great to google!

Anonymous said...

That's okay...I just didn't want you to think I was putting you down. Don't think that if you DON'T get any attention when you don't wear it that you aren't attractive. I have known a couple of naturally pretty women in my life that no one notices. Makeup makes women "shine" and I think people, both men and women, tend to gravitate towards "fakeness". If I hear one more man say, " I like women that don't wear makeup", I'm going to hit them over the head. They are lying!! I just have noticed that a lot of women that I have known that are "natural" have found great men. Just be who you really are, even if people don't like it, and you will find your true love!! Have a nice day! Hopefully, this makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong at all, dear! Wanting to be attracted to your potential date is normal and natural. That being said, you have to take into account what you are looking for--fun, or a serious long term relationship. If its the latter, you have to consider factor other than looks. Regardless, you still want to be attracted to someone, esp if you are out just for fun! :)