Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MEN AND WOMEN...THOUGHTS FOR BOTH SEXES

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have advice and some random thoughts for both sexes.

After I got into a little trouble with a guy I dated, who was just a little too private I decided that maybe we could all set the record straight on a few things.

1. MEN: WOMEN NOTICE PATTERNS

If you are that guy that would surprise your lady or would call all the time, we notice when you stop.

This has happened to me quite a bit. I notice when you don't keep your word like you used to, you flake out, and stop making time among other things.

There has been several times where I've kind of kept track of it and have called the guys out on it and I basically make them break up with me. When I was dating Banker boy in Milwaukee I could tell he was taking me for granted. He wanted the benefits of a girlfriend but, always wanted to do what he wanted. When I called him out on it, I said, "I have a feeling you want to break up with me but you don't have the balls to do it."

After about 10 minutes of him mumbling and finally me just saying, "Be honest, what do you want to do?" He did it. Now, he moved on to a new girl rather quickly but he always came knocking on my door and calling.

2. LADIES: TAKE A HINT!

Especially, if he doesn't call or want to hang out with you. It really is true...if they wanted to call, they would call. If they really wanted to go out with you, they would.

One of my friends has a history with dating total LOSERS! She is drop dead gorgeous, really smart, and does well for herself yet; somehow, she is attracted to guys that can barely take care of themselves.

She has been hung up on a certain guy for about a year now. Every time you talk to her that's all he talks about is "Paul." Paul this and Paul that. "I saw Paul getting it on with another woman. Paul said that I make him sick. Paul said that I'm pretty but that's about it."

HOW MANY SIGNS FROM GOD DO YOU NEED TO WAKE UP AND FIGURE OUT THIS GUY IS A 100% LOSER WHO DOESN'T WANT YOU????

We all try telling her but, there's no use. It's like talking a brick wall. She just keeps repeating a cycle. She just keeps making excuses for him. "Well he used to be so sweet to me." THE KEY PHRASE...USED TO!

The sad thing is that some people are afraid to take her phone call for fear all she will talk about is him for an hour without asking about your day.

3. MEN: CALL WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL...BETTER YET...JUST RESPOND BACK

It seems like a rather simple request from women but for some reason men have a hard time understanding why we get upset about this.

I had an issue with this recently. There was a guy I was semi-seeing. He said he couldn't call because it was too much money to call from Canada but he'd call in a few days. Yet, texting seemed fine because he kept doing that. So, a couple days go by and nothing. No call. Not even a response to my last text. After day 3, I decided to shoot him a text. Again no response. In fact, I got no response until SUNDAY AT MIDNIGHT my time!!

Really? I get that people are busy but you can't even respond until MIDNIGHT!!! Then you claim you were so busy? I smelled fish! I had already written him off but I guess I was hoping that maybe I was wrong. I wasn't and here's why. If you don't have enough respect for me to return a text or a call until midnight Sunday night after having the entire weekend then no thanks. I don't need to have a guy fawn all over me but at least be respectful, courteous, and NOT SHADY!

These are a few of the thoughts I had. I'm sure there will be more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, with pleasure.

Anonymous said...

If we could only follow our own advice :)

best,
d