Tuesday, September 15, 2009

THE RECURRING ISSUES...I STRUGGLE WITH...MAYBE YOU TOO

We all have those things in our life that seem to stay around us. For everyone it's different. Some people have an issue with dating the wrong people. Well...I think that's most people. Others have issues with their temper, depression, alcohol. Some have a lifetime issue of weight. What's your issue?

I was thinking the other day about how I'm feeling pretty good about most things in my life. I've got a great job, I like where I live...AND...I LOVE TEXAS!!! I'm dating someone that seems to be a good guy so far. I can't complain about much. The one thing that I don't like right now is my weight.

Now, am I obese? NO! I know that, but since leaving Milwaukee, my gym, my freinds who were my workout partners...I've gotten a little soft. (In my opinion) Now you're not going to look at me and say, "Wow...Erin's really packing on the pounds." It's something that I notice. Some of my pants from last summer are tight...that skirt that once was my fat skirt...is now my regular skirt.

I think most women in general struggle with weight and/or body image issues. This isn't the first time I've been like this. That's when I gained soome weight while being married and was bigger than I wanted to be. I didn't have any support at home which didn't help. I finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and decided to stop driving myself crazy and get going.

I joined a gym and got a(spendy)trainer. He got me motivated! Was it partially because he was cute and complimented me...maybe...but it worked...I lost about 20 lbs in a few months. It was just I needed. I regained my confidence.

It's now 3 years later...I've gained some of the weight back(not all of it)and I need to find my motivation again. I find myself getting disgusted with my body in the mirror. I find myself looking up all these random recipes and tips on the internet. What I need to do is get my butt out there and whoop my own butt like I'm in bootcamp.

People look at me and say I've nothing to worry about, but when I go to my closet and my clothes are cutting off my air...I need to do something about it. At the moment, I'm not in a gym because I need to save my money for awhile. So that's means hitting the good outdoors. Although, it's been SO hot here in Houston that I don't want to even look outside let alone run out there.

I NEED TO FIND MY MOTIVATION! Maybe I need to start a workout club. Get a bunch of people online or whatever to keep each other in line. People helping each other out with the stuff that's kept them going and things that have worked for them.

Just a thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin,

I hear ya I know how it can be. I have the exact same problem, other people tell me I'm 'fine' but my favorite clothes feel too tight, and I have realized I can't blame the washer/dryer for "shrinking" them when it's like EVERY piece of clothing. Ha. I hope you can find your motivation soon. Once you do you'll feel great again, just for making yourself make the effort! I joined a cheap gym a month ago and feel much better, even though my progress is pretty slow. Good luck and have a GREAT weekend!