Many people have asked me if I'm going to miss Milwaukee. The before I even have a chance to answer they say..."Naw you're not going to miss it!" So let me clarify!
There is lots of things that I'll miss about Milwaukee and lots that I won't. Let's start with the things I won't miss then end on a high note.
Things I won't miss.
1. How small it is. I mean, you see the same people all the time. So say you break up with someone you see them all the time. I think there is only 1 guy that I dated here that I hardly ever saw. Everyone else it was at the gym, at the grocery store, at the beach, at the lake, at the bar, at the bar again...it's crazy.
Now the only thing is I'm a downtown dweller and some of these people also hung out in the same crowd. The only guy that I didn't run into all the time was none of the above. He was Ivy league boy, wine tasting, family island on the weekends kind of guy.
2. THE WEATHER!!! Besides the summer the weather here is HORRIBLE!!! I lived on the Eastside and parked on the street. 12 inches of snow on my car at 4am is not fun!!! Snot freezing to my face, dry skin everywhere on my body!! I won't miss that!
3. It's kind of expensive. I know it sounds crzy but it's true. I've lived in St. Louis, Austin, Portland. All of them I found to be cheaper for living. In st. Louis I had a 1br apt in the rich part of town. Granted it wasn't the fanciest place but it was super cute. Central air and heat, hardwood floors, and a parking spot in the underground garage...and it was $600!! For $600 you don't get a lot here. OH and the TAXES!!! Forget it!
4. Dating. Enough said!
Things that I will miss!
1. Summertime. It is a lot of fun and really beautiful. Living by the lake reminds me of of living in Portland. So mild and typically 85 degrees(unless you look today..it was 105 in Portland).
2. Living by the Lake. Sometimes from my porch I could hear it and it sounded like the ocean. It was awesome to take Sexie down there for walks in the summer. It was great to go for runs too. It made it so much easier. I find running to be so boring.
3. Tailgating. There's no doubt that people here know how to tailgate. They kind of do it in STL but it's nothing like here. It's an artform. From the bag game, the spread of food, playing random songs from your playlist really loud, and getting the biggest caravan you can!! It was awsome. I loved how my girlfriends and I would get our tailgates sponsored. AWESOME!!!
4. MY FRIENDS!! I meet so many great people here. I made some of my the best friends here in Milwaukee. My girlfriends are the best. And my good guy freinds are the best. Would I ever date my guy friends...no...but there are good guy friends.
The girls that I'm friends are not catty. They invite you over for brunch, cookouts, random impromtu dinners. I'll miss sitting around with a round of drinks and talking. Me telling ridiculous to the girls to make them laugh and talking totally inappropriately. AHHH GOOD TIMES!
I'll miss how my girls...we always had each others back. If I dated a D-bag...they stood up for you...sometimes even telling them off because they couldn't take them being selfish and treating you bad. I love them for that. Because you know that your friends sometimes can think more clearly than you in certain situations. They are looking out what's best or you even if it's not what you want at the time.
To my girls...Melissa, Colleen, Rebecca, Kristie, Jessica H, Leah, Jessica V, Jessica S, Courtney, Coutnee, Lottie, Mandy, Katie, Helen, Stephanie, Heather, Chelsea, Nancy, Linda, Jamie, Jen, the Liz's, Megan, Meredith, Merrilee, Niccoli, Oneda, Tamra, Vicky...love all of you!!