Thursday, August 23, 2007

HOW TO SAY NO!!!

We talked about it this morning on the air, but I have a hard time saying no to things that I'm not comfortable with. No this doesn't happen in every situation that I'm in...maybe just the ones that catch me off guard and I'm ready for.

For instance, when we all went Chicago for the Morning Show Boot Camp and Mr. Steve wanted to take me on a walk at 3:30 in the morning. I'm a big weenie and couldn't say "Hey I'm really tired...I'm not looking forward to you trying to put the moves on me!"Ha ha! Or just the other day, when I'm out walking my dog Sexie and a guy started a conversation with me and was petting Sexie. He asked I would want to go out for a drink. I was a little surprised...and I said "Ahh sure". Now why did I do that? I'm not ready to date. I don't want to be rude or come across wrong. I'm just not ready to date.

Now I don't want people to think that every time that they might ask me to do something and I say "yes" that I really want to go...because I do. Now I'm probably digging myself in a big hole here.

The funny thing is, that in some areas of my life I can be assertive. Why do I have such a hard time with this?

No comments: