Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 WAS ROUGH...2017 HAS TO BE BETTER!




2016 was a tough year on multiple levels me and many people. I'm ready to see what 2017 has to offer.

The end of the year tends to be hard for me. First, I think it's because the holidays were never really celebrated in my home. Secondly, being single around the holidays is always tough and lastly, because I seem to always be really low on funds this time of year.

There's no doubt that I've had some rough spots in 2016.  My relationship of 2 years ended not just once, but twice. So much for second chances  The good that came from the first breakup was I took a trip to Australia to clear my head and spread my wings a bit.  The trip was amazing and I met some great people and had some amazing experiences.

Then fast forward to the second break up, aka "the final nail in the coffin."   After a small confession and apology, I gave him a second chance.  Things were good for about a month before I felt that he was up to no good again.  It became more and more clear with his less apologetic attitude, his pulling away, and blaming me for things.

That breakup set me back in several ways.  My self-esteem took a big hit.  You question your worth when someone betrays you the way he did. Even though I know deep down it's not about me and it isn't my fault, I can't help but beat myself up a bit.  It still doesn't feel good knowing that there is a person that pretended to care about  me so much, but then would be the person that hurts me the most.


My other setback was financially.  The trip to Australia was one that I really couldn't afford at the time.  Even though I got my flight with miles, I had to pay for my hotel which was a little spendy.  Then, when you add all the activities that I did while I was there, it made that trip a bit of a setback for me.

Once I was back I had more things financially to catch up on. My ex and I planned on moving into together.
I had purchased a bed for us, but once we broke up I decided that I was going to keep the bed instead of letting him keep it.  So that was an expense I wasn't expecting.  Add to that, the other bedroom furniture I bought to complete the bedroom set including a new mattress, I was now thousands of dollars deep in furniture I wasn't planning to buy solely by myself.

Since then I haven't been able to catch on up on things financially.  It seems there's always an added expense that I wasn't anticipating that makes it more difficult for me to get caught up or even make a dent on things.

I've had some other bumps over the course of the year, but it's all good.  I know that things could be worse.
Thankfully I did get a bit of good news to start things off in the right direction financially. Let's hope God brings good things my way in the other areas of my life.  Please Sweet baby Jesus!

I'm hoping that things will start to look up in 2017!

No comments: