Thursday, June 17, 2010

DO YOU EVER FEEL LOST?

Every once in awhile I go through these phases where I wonder where my life is going and I question "Is this all there is for me?" This always annoyed my ex. He didn't realize that things weren't going the way I wanted them to in my life it was frustrating for me.

I know that I'm a very impatient person. I'm always comparing my life and myself to others. It's hard because I know I shouldn't do it, but sometimes I can't help it. I get tired of the status quo in my life. Especially, when I see other people and their lives progressing and I feel like I'm standing still.

I know that I should be happy for the things that I do have in my favour. I know I should just take things one day at a time, but I want it all now and I've always been that way.

I had a co-worker today tell me, "Erin you need to just be. You need to stop trying to be Erin finding a guy or Erin working out all the time. You need to just be Erin. Wake up and just be."

It sounds great, but I'm not sure I just know how to be. I feel like I need to be doing something and if I'm not..then I'm not making things happen.

I realize that I could probably use a lesson in relaxing. I stress myself out when I don't need to.

2 comments:

steven brandner said...

ya things will come to you erin. there is a guy out there for you to bad your not in milwaukee anymore my dad has been divorced for a few years has 4 kids 2 in college so not there. But i think you to would get along great u both are loving people and know what they want let me know if you want to know more

Anonymous said...

I think because you've always been so goal oriented you tend to handle many things this way.

You figure out what you want & then go after it.

Nothing wrong with that.

It's just that this approach works better in some areas (like finding a job) & not so good in others (like finding a boyfriend).