Monday, June 30, 2014

SHOULD WE ALL A F@&K BUDDY IF WE'RE SINGLE?

I've re-entered the dating scene recently.  I feel like I'm not the best at this dating stuff in general.  Everyone has their own set of rules and half the time I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Seriously, I am so rusty at this.  In fact,  I haven't "been" with anyone in a long time.  (Talk about rusty)  I recently received some advice from a guy friend of mine that made an interesting analogy.  He told me, "You shouldn't go to the grocery store when you're hungry...anymore than you should go on a date with an itch."




At first I thought he was kidding, but after he explained it I realized he was serious and then I wondered if he has a good point.  He explained to me that if I go on these dates and I haven't been with anyone in awhile, that when I go on a date with someone that I AM attracted to I'm more likely to get smitten.  Now, if I had my F@&K buddy I'd go on these dates not really caring what the results are because if it doesn't work out then at least I have a "friend" to take care of the other stuff. (If you know what I mean.)

The F@&K buddy is uncharted territory for me.  I've never had a guy that would fall into that category for me.  They usually just made me feel like I was a piece of meat or one of 10 girls on their farm team.  I feel like there would need to be an understanding between the 2 people entering that kind of status.  You both would have to know that the other person was possibly going on dates with other people, but also would have to honest if you were to be intimate with someone else.  At least that's how I think it might work. 

 I've never been the girl that goes out on a bunch of dates with different guys.  I typically go one a few dates with one person and then move on after you figure out they've disappeared or you're not interested. My friends tell me I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket.  They think I get too excited about one guy and when it doesn't work out because he falls off the face of the planet that I get so upset that I throw in the towel on dating and put the wall up again.

I wonder if I did have that one special friend would I care less if things didn't work out on my dates? My next question is where would I find this F@&K buddy?  My luck is that I'll screw that up too!

NO! I'M NOT NEEDING ANYONE TO SUGGEST THEMSELVES AS MY SPECIAL FRIEND!! With the propositions I've had lately I'm a bit over it.  But thanks for your pity!


No comments: